5 Minutes into the Future - Vol 1.2 - Dream Incubator
A downloadable zine
Horizon scanning real tech for your game
“Top notch... Solid, clear and extremely cool” Meguey Baker (Lumpley Games, co-creator of Apocalypse World) on issue 1 of 5MF.
What is Five Minutes into the Future? (5MF)
5MF is a zine scanning the horizon for cutting edge technologies being developed in the real-world right now. Each issue will present one piece of nu-tech and some ways that you can use it in your roleplaying games.
Volume 1.2 features the Dream Incubator, a device that can influence people's dreams.
Inside you'll find details of:
- how the technology works in real life,
- a mind-twisting heist setting,
- a darkened-mirror cyberpunk setting where every smart device uses the technology to advertise in your dreams,
- a techno-horror setting where the manipulated dreams are used to deliver a ritual that frees a dream-demon, and
- a post-apocalypse setting where linked dreams cause the collapse of the human shared psyche and the birth of a maelstrom.
And lots more!
With added crunch for using the technology in your:
- Fate, and
- Apocalypse World (PbtA) games.
5MF is largely system neutral, and presents ideas suitable for a variety of modern and near future genres, including:
- near future,
- modern horror,
- hard sci-fi, and
Join us Five Minutes into the Future and see what your game could be like!
In order to download this zine you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.